Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Scotland by Starlight Book Review


A tale set in Scotland, this book sort of lost me at points but ultimately confirmed how I feel about love: you need to sometimes take chances and just go for it.

Main character Cassie has left the US and everything she knows to move to Scotland to be with Ralph who is the unexpected love of her life as she met him while being heartbroken over someone else.

The book lost me at times because some things just didn't make sense, like Cassie talking in a Scottish brogue yet being American, and the fact that despite giving up everything to move to Scotland how she seemed to feel the need to battle Ralph's every desire.

That being said, I think that perhaps I could have appreciated this book more if I had read the first one. Which I plan on doing, if only to properly understand the context of some of this book's events.


Connect with Nancy


Visit Nancy’s website!

Visit Nancy’s GoodReads page!

Follow Nancy on Twitter!

Buy the book:

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

iTunes

Smashwords





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a part of the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! If there's a place in the book where Cassie talks in a brogue, please let me know -- because that's not supposed to be the case! I'm not seeing it, but I've read the book so many times...

    ReplyDelete